You can use Google Assistant voice commands to display a Live View of your Circle Camera on a TV using Google Home and Chromecast or a TV with Chromecast-built in. For example, the voice command “Ok Google, show [camera name]” streams the camera’s Live View on your TV.
- All Circle 2 Cameras
- Original Circle Cameras
Commands for the Circle 2 Wire-Free Camera in battery modes may take longer than the Wired Camera as the camera needs to wake up from its battery-conserving sleep state.Where to find the Google Assistant?
Google Assistant is built into the following devices:
- Google Home
- All Android phones
Google Assistant is also available for download in the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch running iOS 9.3 or later.
For more information and details about Google Assistant, please visit the Google Assistant
page.Connect Circle to your Google Assistant
- Set up your camera(s) using the Logi Circle app.
NOTE: Remember to give each camera a unique name without any special characters, emojis or the word "Camera" in the actual name. This will help improve the experience when using it.
- Set up your Chromecast and Google Home.
- Open the Google Home app.
- In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap Menu, then Home Control.
- In the Devices tab, at the bottom right, tap Add.
- Select the device you want to connect (Circle or Circle 2) and follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: When linking accounts, select the email option from the Logi account sign-in page and use the same credentials as used in the Logi Circle app. Alternatively, you can use the Facebook or Google sign-in options, if the email address is the same as the one used in the Logi Circle app.
- When the pairing is complete, tap Done.
After pairing Circle with the Google Home app, you can link your TV to Google Home by carrying out step 4 in Stream your security camera using Google Home
To activate Google Assistant, start off by saying “Ok Google” or “Hey Google”. Once the Assistant is active, use the commands in the table below to start or stop the Live stream on your TV.
- "Show [camera name]"
- "What’s on [camera name]?"
- "[Camera name] on [Chromecast device name]"
- "Play [camera name] on [Chromecast device name]"
- "Show [camera name] on [Chromecast device name]"
|Start stream on TV|
- "Stop [TV/Chromecast device name]"
|Stop stream on TV|
For more information about setting up your camera, Chromecast, and Google Home see Stream your security camera using Google Home