If you have a G933 that is not functioning at all (ex. does not charge, does not turn on, does not connect etc.), try the following steps to recover the device:
How to perform a hardware reset
- Perform a hardware reset.
- Update the G933 firmware.
Update G933 firmware
- Plug in the G933 to USB power.
- Remove the left sideplate (on the mic side).
- Press and hold the hardware reset switch with a pin for two seconds, as shown below. Repeat the two second press twice.
If the firmware update does not begin when you use LGS, you can manually update the firmware on your gaming headset using the Windows Command Prompt. NOTE:
Please make sure to disconnect all other headsets from your computer before beginning this firmware update.
- Make sure that both the headset and the wireless adapter are connected to the computer via USB connection before you run the update.
- Slide the power switch to ON
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following to locate the G933 firmware update utility, and then press Enter:
cd C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\FWUpdate\G933
- To run the utility with the /FORCE command, type the following command, and then press Enter:
- The utility will launch and begin the firmware update. Follow the on-screen instructions, and click Close once the update is complete.