If you have a G933 that is not functioning at all (does not charge, does not turn on, does not connect, and so on), the problem may be due to:
- Faulty headset
- Firmware needs to be updated
Try the following to recover the device:
Perform a hardware reset
Update G933 firmware
- Plug in the G933 to USB power.
- Remove the left side plate (on the mic side).
- Press and hold the hardware reset switch with a pin for two seconds, as shown below. Repeat the two-second press twice.
If the firmware update does not begin when you use LGS, you can manually update the firmware on your gaming headset using the Windows Command Prompt. NOTE:
Please make sure to disconnect all other headsets from your computer before beginning this firmware update.
- Make sure that both the headset and the wireless adapter are connected to the computer via USB connection before you run the update.
- Slide the power switch to ON
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following to locate the G933 firmware update utility, and then press Enter:
C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\FWUpdate\G933
- To run the utility with the /FORCE command, type the following command, and then press Enter:
- The utility will launch and begin the firmware update. Follow the on-screen instructions, and click Close once the update is complete.